|Solid Waste Management
Location and Directions
• Description of Office •
Sorting Solid Waste
||Lemhi County Courthouse
206 Courthouse Drive
Salmon, ID 83467
9:00 am - 5:30 pm Mon-Sat
|Location and Directions
The site is approximately 7 miles southeast of Salmon, 2 miles east of the Salmon Airport. The recorded documents, Appendix A, show the 170 acres as being located in Township 22N, Range 22E, Section 26 W ½, W ½, NW ¼; Section 27 NE ¼.
At the intersection of U.S. Highway 28 and U.S. Highway 93 South, proceed from Salmon on U.S. Highway 93 South for 4.2 miles. Turn left onto the Airport Road and proceed .7 miles to the end of the road. Turn left onto Hot Springs Road going 1.4 miles to the left turn off to Landfill Road. Proceed for 1.5 miles ending at the Lemhi County Landfill scales. The Lemhi Landfill is open Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
|Description of Office
||The Lemhi County Landfill is primarily a site for the municipal solid waste landfill operations, but will also accept construction, yard, demolition, and special wastes, as well as dead animals, white goods (enameled appliances), tires, batteries, used oil and unregulated hazardous waste.
For your convenience NEW! Online Payments directed over
the secure server by Point and Pay.
|Sorting of Solid Waste
PLEASE SORT YOUR GARBAGE!!!
The County is asking all who use the landfills to help keep them in compliance with state and federal regulations. The District 7 Health Department and the Department of Environmental Quality make regular site inspections to make sure that the County is in compliance with all regulations.
To maximize the capacity of the landfill, every effort will be made to divert recyclable materials from the waste stream. Depending on the market, recycling may not always be cost effective for all materials. Specific recycling programs may be developed for aluminum, steel, and cardboard.
Anyone who has a contractor pick up their garbage, must be sure that it is only household garbage in the contractor’s dumpster. It is the individuals responsibility to transport all other waste disposal to the landfills. Loads must be sorted in the assigned areas. Loads must be covered and secured during transport to the landfill.
Items listed below should be sorted into the appropriate areas.
- Batteries (must separate from household trash)
- Oil, & paints - 50 cents per gallon.
- Iron area - all metal, parts, small &
large house appliances.
- Wire area - wire fencing.
- Construction, yard, & demolition - first 250 lbs. no charge. $20.00 per ton thereafter.
- Asbestos - $60.00 per ton.
- Yard debris - Leaves, grass, branches are no charge.
- Concrete - $6.00 per ton.
- Dead animal pit - Large animals (horses & cattle)
- Small animials - $2.00 each. No charge for pets.
- Tires - prices vary upon tire size.
- Cardboard - No charge.
- Refrigeration units, freezers, & A/C units - $25.00 each.
- Burn barrels/Ashes (must separate from household trash)
- ABSOLUTELY NO SALVAGING AT ANYTIME.