Lemhi County Emergency Management is the local government agency responsible for disaster preparedness and the coordination of response to emergencies and disasters. This department works closely with other local agencies, volunteer organizations, state and federal agencies to help our community prepare for natural, man made disasters, and emergencies.
It is the goal of Lemhi County Emergency Management Department to protect lives and property within the boundaries of Lemhi County, which is accomplished by:
- Identifying hazards and risks that may affect residents of Lemhi County.
- Maintaining County Emergency Response Plans that address roles and responsibilities during emergencies and disasters.
- Identifying specialized resources such as volunteers, equipment and facilities.
- Ensure coordination and communication between local, state, and federal government agencies, business, industry, and volunteer agencies.
- Providing public education and information.
All of Lemhi County is served by 911, dispatched from the Lemhi County Sheriff's office dispatch center. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911.
Lemhi County Emergency Services provides 24-hour service through the dedication of Emergency volunteer staff.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) classes are available.
If you have any questions regarding a billing from Lemhi County EMS, please direct them to our Accounts Payable Clerk:
Lemhi County Accounts Payable
206 Courthouse Dr.
Salmon, ID 83467
208-756-2815 ext. 1667
For your convenience NEW! Online Payments directed over
the secure server by Point and Pay.
All Hazard Mitigation Plan surveys
Lemhi Risk Analysis Information Page
Lemhi Public Mitigation Ideas Information Page
Lemhi Public Opinion Survey Information Page
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
Idaho Bureau of Disaster Services
American Red Cross
Homeland Security’s Website
Center for Disease Control & Prevention /West Nile http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/